Saturday, December 3rd, 2011
Los Feliz Village’s Eclectic Annual Holiday Festival Features lots of incredible Gifts, Cheer and Goodwill. Complimentary Trolley and Open Air Bus transport revelers around the Village’s main streets of Hillhurst and Vermont Avenues and Hollywood Boulevard. Carolers, puppeteers and Santa himself create mirth and an unforgettable holiday experience.
Who: The Los Feliz Village Business Improvement District, “LFVBID”, Village Merchants and Restaurants
What: 6th Annual Los Feliz Village Holiday Festival
Where: Los Feliz Village; Hillhurst Ave., Hollywood Blvd. and Vermont Ave.
When: Saturday, December 3rd, 2011 6PM-10PM (Kick off at 6PM at the Los Feliz Library with Tree-Lighting Ceremony and live performances by the cast of For the Record: John Hughes (Holiday Road). Admission is free to public.
Special Attractions by Street
- 6:00 PM Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Los Feliz Library (Hillhurst/Franklin) kicks off the Holiday Festival. Master of Ceremonies Barrett Foa (NCIS) and the cast of For the Record: John Hughes (Holiday Road) will perform live, putting a holiday spin on Hollywood’s critically acclaimed 360-degree dining and concert experience playing a limited engagement at Barre Vermont, 1714 N. Vermont, through December 30th. The show showcases signature songs and moments from John Hughes’ film classics such as ‘The Breakfast Club,’ ‘Sixteen Candles,’ ‘Pretty In Pink,’ ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’ and ‘Weird Science,’ as well as Hughes’ holiday favorites ‘Home Alone,’ ‘Christmas Vacation’ and ‘Planes, Trains & Automobiles.’” For the Record: John Hughes (Holiday Road) features a rotating cast from stage, record and screen. Visit www.showatbarre.com for performance schedules and tickets for John Hughes (Holiday Road).
- Photos with Santa at Coldwell Banker (1917 Hillhurst)
- Alphabet Soup Puppeteers at Dragonfly DuLou (2066 Hillhurst)
- Prudential Elves Holiday Workshop featuring bounce house, craft table, hot cider and cookies (1714 Hillhurst)
- Bring your pet dressed in their holiday best to Keller Williams (1660 Hillhurst)
- Decorate your own holiday stocking at Springer Chiropractic (4645 Hollywood)
- Holiday Party featuring Guitar Driven Jazz Holiday Music by Jonathan Stout Trio at Sweeney Todd’s Barber Shop (4639 Hollywood)
- Join Father Xmas for refreshments at Ozzie Dots (4637 Hollywood)
- Astrology readings, Lavender Distillation Demonstration, DJ and for the kids….Candy Cane Reindeers at Primrose Organics Salon (4616 Hollywood)
- Free tamale samples & champurrado (Mexican specialties) and crafts from local artists at Yuca’s on Hollywood (4666 Hollywood)
- View the newly completed mural at the Barnsdall/Metro Arts Corridor & enjoy hot cider and donuts with the artists.
- Enjoy complimentary Glazed Pumpkin Cake and Hot Spiced Apple Cider at Vermont/Rockwell (1714 Vermont)
- Half Off Clothing Store will be serving refreshments, cookies and offering discounts throughout store (1748 Vermont)
- Enjoy your choice of Hot chocolate, Espresso or Cappuccino and cookies at Il Capriccio (1757 Vermont)
- Strolling carolers up and down Vermont Avenue
Admission: Free to public